Inside, you will find all the Best Airtel Data Plan, their prices and access / activation codes. Airtel offers 3.75G HSPA+ internet services in all 36 states of Nigeria including Abuja according to information provided by the company. The company has also just recently launched its 4G LTE network in Nigeria starting with Ibadan.
According to the company’s media campaigns the Airtel network now supports HSPA+ with speed capacity of up to 42Mbps download speed. Airtel also supports LTE band 3 (1800 MHz).
This is superfast internet to enable you access broadband services for seamless video streaming, watching web TV, fast internet downloads, gaming, and web 2.0 internet browsing.
However, to enjoy these broadband services, you need to subscribe to an Airtel Data Plan. But, to do that you need to know the price and the activation codes of the various data plans. Here we provide you with Airtel Data Plan.
Now lets take a look at Airtel Data plan for Android Phones. Note that despite the Android branding, this plans will work for just about any smartphone or feature phone
Airtel Android Data Plan Prices and Subscription Codes
- Android 1.0 Airtel Data Plan (1.5GB, 30 day,24/7) – *496# – 1,000 Naira
- Android 1.5 Airtel Data Plan (2.5GB, 30 day, 24/7) – *440*16# – N1,500
- Airtel Android 2.0 Data Plan (3.5GB, 30 day,24/7) – *437# – N2,000
- Airtel Android 2.5 (4.5GB, 30 day, 24/7) – *437*1# – 2,500 Naira
- Android 3.0 Data Plan (5.5GB, 30 day, 24/7) – *438# – 3,500 NGN
- Airtel Android 4.0 Data Plan (7.5GB, 30 day, 24/7) – *438*1# – 4,000 Naira
- Check your data balance – *140#
These Airtel Data plan will work whether you choose Cheap Android phones or the more expensive options.
Airtel Data Plan Prices and Activation Codes
With just 300 Naira you get an Airtel Data Plan for 30 days access on Opera Mini capped at 250MB. Standard 30-days Airtel Data Plan starts at 1,000 Naira for 1.5GB to 10,000 Naira for 22GB. You can also buy weekend and daily data plans.
- Airtel Easy Data Plan (750MB, 14 day, 24/7) – *418# – 500 Naira
- Social Plan (600MB, 25 day, 24/7) – *688*1# – 300 Naira
- Airtel Free Surf (up to 160MB, 30 day, 24/7) – *400# – FREE
- Mega 5 Airtel Data Plan (10GB, 30 day, 24/7) – *452# – 5,000 Naira
- Mega 10 Airtel Data Plan (25GB, 30 day, 24/7) – *462*10# – 10,000 Naira
- Airtel Mega 15 Internet Plan (40GB, 30 day,24/7) – *462*15# – N15,000
- Mega 20 Internet Plan (60GB, 30 day) – *462*20# – N20,000
- Weekly Airtel Data Plan (350MB, 7 day, 24/7) – *417# – N300
- Daily Airtel Data Plan (75MB, 24 hours) – *410# – N100
- 3-Day Airtel Data Plan (200MB) – *412# – 200 Naira
- Airtel 2G Pack Weekly (1GB, 7 day, 24/7) – *482*1# – 200 Naira
- Airtel 2G Pack Monthly (2GB, 25 day, 24/7) – *482*2# – N500
- Check your data balance – *140#
|YOUTUBE PLUS PACKS
||Total Data Volume
|YOUTUBE PLUS 1.0
|YOUTUBE PLUS 2.
|YOUTUBE PLUS 3.
|YOUTUBE PLUS 4.
|YOUTUBE PLUS 5.
With this YouTube Plus Airtel Data Plan you get free YouTube Video at night. The more you pay, the more your data allowance.
How to connect to Airtel 3.75G / 4G LTE Data Plans
To access Airtel 3.75G internet you need to be in a 3.75G coverage area. Although Airtel claims they offer high speed internet in 36 states, it is important to note that the superfast 3.75G internet will be limited to major towns and cities within those states. Hence high speed internet will not be available in all locations in the said states.
You also need to have a compatible 3G device like a 3G feature phone or smartphone, tablet, router, or modem. Hence being on an Airtel 3G coverage area is not enough, your device needs to be 3G compliant as well.
If you have a 3G device, it will indicate whether you are on Airtel 3G coverage area or not. If you see indications like H, H+, 3G or 3.5G on your phone or tablet, it means that your phone or tablet is at least 3G compatible and can gain some speed boost on Airtel Internet networks.
You will see the indication WCDMA instead of EDGE on bottom left corner of your modem software display interface, if you are using a modem. This tells you can browse internet at high speed in the area.
Note that although Airtel claims its network supports 42Mbps, you are limited by the capacity of your device. Some 3G devices can only offer 3.6Mbps while some will handle 7.2Mbps and a few 14.4Mbps.
Once on an Airtel HSPA+ Internet coverage area you can start browsing once you have credit on your device. However, it is a good idea to get an airtel internet plan for a more affordable access.
So have you used Airtel 3.75G? What do you think about it? Could Airtel be staging a comeback? Share with me as a comment.
Airtel Data Plan Highlight
Now let us look at some interesting Airtel Data Plan in a little more details:
5.5GB Airtel Data Plan for Android
This is an interesting internet package if you own a smartphone. Though it is branded as Android 3.0 Data Plan it can be used not just for Android phones. They can also be used with iPhones and other smartphones.
This Airtel Data Plan costs 3,500 Naira and gives you 5.5GB data for a 30-day period. However, you also get a 1GB bonus to bring the total data allowance to 6.5GB. The catch however is that the 1GB bonus data can only be used between 1am and 7 am in the morning. To subscribe to this plan just dial *438#.
If you need more data for your smartphone, you should go for the Android 4.0 Plan that that offers 7.5GB data with an additional 2GB bonus. Just dial *438*1#.
25GB Airtel Data Plan
This another interesting package, especially if you are a heavy data consumer or want to use a wireless router to connect multiple devices. The 25GB Airtel Data plan (a.k.a Airtel Mega 10 Plan) offers you 25GB for 10,000 Naira. To subscribe, dial *462*10#